East Grinstead has a substantial sports heritage, a strong history of success and a diverse community of sports clubs. The town punches well above its weight in terms of competitive success and provides a wide range of opportunity for both elite athletes and those simply seeking to participate in sport for health and social reasons.
Municipal sport and leisure facilities in the town are based at King’s Centre, owned by Mid Sussex District Council and operated by Places for People. The centre includes an indoor swimming pool, a large sports hall, a large gym and other facilities. There are floodlit tennis courts and bowling green at Mount Noddy and also tennis courts and a variety of pitches at East Court.
East Grinstead is most prominently home to…
- National League hockey club who have achieved huge success domestically and in Europe at both the outdoor and indoor versions of the game.
- Ryman League football club
- Sussex Premier League cricket club
- National League rugby club
- Local Table Tennis League
- Thriving venue based netball league
- One of the oldest reservoir sailing clubs in the country
- Fine multi-sports facility, home to 17 different sports with superb facilities for indoor and outdoor sports
- The finest heathland golf course in the UK, a qualifying venue for The Open