Meet the Artist:
The Bookshop East Grinstead Is Hosting A Unique Art Event to Shine a Spotlight on Mouth and Foot Painting For One Evening Only
- The event hosted at The Book Shop East Grinstead aims to raise awareness of mouth and foot painting
- Taking place on Wednesday 4 September 2019
- Arrive: 7.00pm. The event lasts approximately 1 hour
- Event is FREE, limited availability through https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/meet-the-artist-a-unique-art-event-with-mouth-painter-jacky-archer-tickets-68123347767
- See www.mfpa.uk for further details
To mark International Mouth and Foot Painting Artists Day on 5th September and to raise awareness of this unique art form, The Bookshop East Grinstead has commissioned an event on Wednesday 4 September, 7.00pm with mouth painter Jacky Archer.
The event offers a rare opportunity to meet the artist, learn about her working process and watch in close up the intricate skills required by the artist to create her mouth-painting masterpieces.
After being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1985, Jacky was encouraged to begin painting by staff at a local Day Centre and her husband Les. Despite believing that she had no creative talent as a child, Jacky now specialises in scenic landscapes that employ a vivid use of colour. Since her initial creative endeavours, Jacky has grown in confidence and went on to hold her first solo painting exhibition at the Barbican, London in April 2010.
One of only 33 recognised mouth and foot painting artists in the UK and one of 800 across the globe, Jacky has been a part of the MFPA since 2008.
This event forms part of a series of one-off events taking place throughout September. Tickets are FREE and can booked through https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/meet-the-artist-a-unique-art-event-with-mouth-painter-jacky-archer-tickets-68123347767.
Venue information: https://www.eastgrinsteadbookshop.co.uk