V for Victory – 8th May 2020
Join The Bluebell Railway for a street party at Horsted Keynes Station this bank holiday!
Recreating the 40s atmosphere to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day (VE Day) on Friday 8th May.
A fun and nostalgic event for the whole family. Dressing up is a must – but leave the spam at home!
- The Lindy Hop Dance Group – come and learn some new steps between 11am and 2pm
- Allcock and Brown – the music hall duo will be performing monologues and singalongs of the 1940s
- 23rd Sussex Home Guard – a 1940s reenactment group
- Blitz n Pieces – will be performing wartime favourites and singalongs to Vera Lynn
- A 1940s spiv act
- Newhaven’s Town Crier Jason Ede
- A display of 1940s vehicles
Operating our Service 3 timetable:
All Day Rover tickets allow you to explore the entire Bluebell Railway, and hop off at our stations as many times as you like.
Advance Ticket Prices:
|Ticket type||Advance Tickets||On The Day Tickets|
|Child Rover (3-15 yrs)||£8.50||£10.00|
|Family Rover (1 adult + 3 children)||£28.00||£35.00|
|Family Rover (2 adults + 3 children)||£44.00||£49.00|
|BRPS Adult Member Rover||£8.50||£10.00|
|BRPS Child Member Rover||£4.25||£5.00|
|BRPS Family Member Rover (2 adults + 3 children)||£22.00||£24.50|
You can also purchase platform only entry on the day for £7.50 for adults and £3.75 for children.
How to get there
Please contact Charlotte Archer, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in displaying a 1940s vehicle or running a vintage trade stall at the event.